Friday, September 3, 2010

soon fridays will be gym days

But not this Friday, as I have a half day of work today. This is the last Friday of summer hours at work, though, so next Friday will be a gym day again...until next July.

I didn't eat all that great yesterday...it wasn't bad food in itself, but probably just a bit too much of it. I was going to eat just a little, but then husband wanted me to make dinner for him. He had been busy all day doing porjects around the house...I can hardly refuse him when he's been working all day. And so I made some yummy stuff (I'm not a bad cook, if I do say so myself) and couldn't resist. Oh well. And this weekend I'm taking the kids to the fair, so that will be more bad food. Eh, at least there will be a ton of walking around to counteract it.

My sister (the one whose partner killed herself recently) is trying to arrange a working party at her farm/cabin for tomorrow. I know husband and I should go and help out, but I'm feeling overwhelmed by it already. I think she thinks all it will take to make the cabin liveable is a couple days of hard work. But that is what got her in this position in the first place! There is only so much people can do before professionals need to be called in. The cabin has no foundation, pretty much, which is why the floor became a mess of rot and mold. The roof portion of the cabin is patched up half-assed, so I'm sure a ton of water got in that way too. So I'm not sure what we'll do about tomorrow. Plus, I've got my kids, and I hate to have to leave them the whole day...no way am I going to bring them to help. It's such a mess out there that I would worry about their safety.

No comments:

Post a Comment