Friday, August 13, 2010

another friday

I won't be able to get to the gym today, so no weigh-in. I work a half-day again and will be doing stuff with the husband this afternoon. Maybe we'll end up finally tackling the garage. Yuck. I hate any and all outdoors work. I'd rather scrub toilets than clean the garage or do yard work. If I can get out of cleaning the garage today, I'll clean the house.

I was really depressed yesterday because of my stalled weight. I just really don't get it. I got in seven good workouts this week so far (was at the gym over lunch yesterday and did yoga and was at the gym last night and did 25 minutes on the elliptical and 30 minutes of the weight machines). Yesterday I ate about 110 calories worth of brocolli and a small portion of this chicken enchilada thing. OMG it was so tasty. I'll guess it was about 500 calories? Oh and then I had a half cup of yogurt, so 105 calories there. So I'm guessing about 715 calories total for the day, and that felt like a binge compared with what I ate the rest of the week. I should be down about 1.5 lbs. for the week, but instead I am only down 0.3 lbs. And I got really frustrated last night because I just don't know what I am doing wrong.

However, when I got dressed this morning, I put on a pair of "low-weight/skinny" jeans. The denim is really stretchy and usually is quite tight on me...to the point I will generally only wear them with a large shirt to hang over most my body. But this morning...wow, they weren't tight at all...almost almost almost what you would call loose. Cool.

So I don't know. Maybe something is working...maybe I'm doing this all wrong and fucking up my body...maybe it will be OK...maybe I'll look shitty forever...I just don't know at this point.

2 comments:

  1. Could it be your body is holding on to every calorie? You may be eating too little.....

    I saw your post on Leangains- Have you thought about going the IF or low carb route? I am female and very happy wit this approach. I eat around 15000-2000 calories a day and only work out once a week and have been slowly losing from HW of 135. Now down to 124. I have also tripled my strength. It's worth a shot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been doing a sort of IF/low-carb thing, but trying also to go very low calories. I have no trouble with the IF part, though the low calories get to me after a few days. I was just thinking today I need to rethink my workout routine. I try to understand what the Leangains guy says about training, but my eyes kinda glaze over when he starts talking reps/hi/low/weight %/etc.

    ReplyDelete