Monday, August 9, 2010

Up but not out

I ate horribly both Friday and Saturday...chips, booze, subs, brats...ick. I ended up fasting Sunday and not even feeling hungry in the least. In fact, it's about 2 in the afternoon Monday and I'm still not hungry.

I did 45 minutes on the elliptical over lunch and weighed in at 142.2. So that's 0.1 over what I was Friday, but after the weekend, I'll take that. I'm gonna restrict like crazy this week. I so wanna get into the 130s.

Friday night was my 25-year high school reunion. I am so so so glad I'd dropped a bit of weight already. I'm far from my goal, but I have to admit, compared to a lot of the women there, I looked pretty darned good. Several people commented how I "didn't have a single wrinkle" (well, I do, but it's a combo of being blessed with good skin and the use of olive oil--the best moisturizer I've found). Plus, I was wearing shorts that hadn't fit me in two years. I felt...kind of pretty. It was nice.

And my husband was a hit, lol. Here's the thing about my husband: Women love him. It's not a looks thing, though I think he's very handsome. He has this ability to make any woman he's talking to feel beautiful and special. And he does it in a way that's very respectful...almost protective. He's an old-school guy at heart: he's very much a gentleman, but also quite masculine. And it doesn't matter if the woman he's talking to is 18 years old or 40 years old or 70 years old, they all react the same way. It's like he can bring out the twinkle in any woman's eye. I'm not the jealous type, so for me, it's fun to watch women react that way to him.

Anyway, I'm really loving reading a lot of the blogs on this site, though I wish I could find some of women more like my age. I am fine with the younger bloggers, but it would be nice to have a peer also.

No comments:

Post a Comment