Friday, August 6, 2010

No gym today

Well, I won't be able to get to the gym today, so I won't be able to weigh myself. I work a half-day today, and my husband is home, and I'll probably end up helping him with household projects all afternoon. And then we have that party tonight. He works tomorrow, so I'll be able to get in some gym time then.

Yesterday was another good food day. Probably around 400 calories, and that is estimating high. Though I didn't get a chance to get a second workout in. Oh well. I hope to make up for it on Saturday.

I don't watch that stupid Rachel Ray show, but it's sometimes on when I'm at the gym over lunch, so I kind of see it out of the corner of my eye and sometimes read the closed captions. They often have some segment about dressing well "at any size" where they take some big fatty with horrible clothes and put her in decent clothes. OK, that's all well and good, but anyone can see she's still a big fatty, she just doesn't also look like complete shit. These segments bug me because they give women the message that it doesn't matter what your size is, you can still be cute and fashionable. OMG, what a friggin' lie. A skinny model wearing a dirty burlap sack is going to look a million times better than a whale wearing Dolce & Gabbana any day of the week. Deep down, we all know this!

I'm a little worried about this party I'm going to. I am notoriously bad with food at parties, because I just graze and graze and graze. It's like if it's there, I have to put it in my mouth. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment